Evaluation of College Credit Earned Outside the U.S.
Earn ECC credit for the academic work you did in another country.
If you’ve moved to the U.S. and plan to attend college, change careers, or even continue working in your current profession, consider having your transcripts evaluated by an accredited evaluation service. During this evaluation, professionals will analyze every high school and college course you’ve completed and give a U.S. title, number of semester credits, and grade.
Here are the steps to take:
- Choose an evaluation agency.
- Your transcript must be translated by a certified translator before submitting it for evaluation.
- Choose one of the following companies to do your evaluation. You may choose to have your evaluation done by another company as long as it is accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®).
The evaluation service will analyze every college course you’ve completed and gives it a U.S. title, semester credits, and a grade.
- Request a course-by-course report or detailed report
- Download - PDF
- Submit your request for evaluation to ECC
When you receive the documentation from the evaluation company, please bring it to the Registration & Records Office. We need a separate evaluation for each course you plan to transfer to ECC.
Our review will take about a week. When it’s complete, we will notify you through your ECC student email account and explain how to access the results through the accessECC portal. Need login help? View login instructions
Acceptance of transfer credit is subject to the approval of the ECC department offering similar courses.