Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
Identifying opportunities to improve student learning is the purpose of the outcomes assessment process.
Department & Committee Information
The Assessment Department plans, organizes, supports, and documents assessment activities throughout the college. The Office of Compliance, Curriculum, and Assessment fall under the Teaching, Learning, and Student Development Division.
The assessment committee comprises faculty to help ECC improve student learning and strengthen its curriculum and services.
Components of College-Wide Outcome Assessment
General Education Outcomes
- Learning which broadly prepares students for careers and further education
- Knowledge and skills gained from courses, extra-curricular activities, and other college experiences
- Reading, writing, scientific literacy, quantitative literacy, critical thinking, technology, information literacy, and global awareness
- Knowledge and skills are obtained after a sequence of courses or a specific curriculum.
- Knowledge and skills obtained at the end of a specific course
- Classroom assessment techniques (CATs) used by faculty within the classroom setting to enhance teaching and learning
Student Satisfaction & Engagement
- Surveys to measure students' opinions, perceptions, experiences, and behaviors
- Integral data for planning quality improvement initiatives throughout the college