TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) & TRiO Student Support Services/English as a Second Language (SSS/ESL)
The mission of the TRiO Student Support Services and TRiO Support Services/ESL programs is to encourage and assist traditionally underrepresented students in preparation for the completion of a college education. SSS/ESL also supports eligible students whose second language is English and who are enrolled in mainstream college classes. These programs support current ECC students.
- Career exploration and assessment.
- Tutorial support and services.
- Financial and economic literacy.
- Assistance with college applications and transfer.
- Visits to four-year institutions.
- Various workshops.
- Leadership development activities.
- Cultural and social events.
- Referral to college and community support services.
- Computer and study lounge access at TRiO offices.
TRiO services are available to individuals who:
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Are registered ECC students.
- Meet one or more of the following requirements:
- First-generation college student (neither parent(s)/legal guardian(s) graduated from a four-year college or university in the U.S.).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Documented learning or physical disability(ies).
- English as a Second Language.
To apply for the program, complete the following applications.