ECC welcomes veterans home to a great college experience
Veterans Live Chat
We’re here to help veterans transition from a military career to a college student to a candidate that employers are looking to hire. Need help?
Thank you for your military service! Whether starting college for the first time or re-entering college, ECC welcomes veterans home to a great college experience. Expect personalized attention to help you select a program of study that incorporates the skills you learned in the military with work in a field you enjoy.
Why should veterans choose ECC?
ECC focuses our educational programs on courses of study and majors in demand in the workforce. This is critical to your success in transitioning from a military career to a college student to a candidate employers seek to hire.
- Affordable tuition is a fraction of the cost of public universities, private colleges, and technical institutes. Compare tuition costs.
- Veterans Resource Center; and an established veterans support team dedicated to students, including a support specialist, academic advisor, and financial aid/Veteran School Certifying Official.
- Close to home, less travel means more time for family and/or a job, studying, or taking more courses. View our campus locations.
- First-rate instruction in transfer and career-technical education to fit your educational goals.
- In-district tuition at almost 30 other community colleges if ECC doesn't have the program of study you seek.
- Flexible learning options to study and attend classes when convenient for you.
- A safe campus and secure learning environment.
- Small classes and attentive teachers prioritize teaching, not publishing, not researching.
Did you know?
Resources available to ECC student veterans include the Textbooks for Veterans Program, allowing veterans to purchase their books before classes start instead of waiting weeks for funds through the GI Bill®.
Do you have a quick question? Use our Live Chat or search the FAQ to find the answer.
Policy on Transfer Credits - Previous education and training can be evaluated for all veterans and eligible persons. Appropriate credit is granted and can reduce some classes you may need to take. Request your military transcript at JST - Job Services Transcript.
Academic Support at ECC
- ECC Apprenticeship Program
- Remote Hub
- Computer labs
- Student Access and Disability Services for accommodations
- Career development services
- Tutoring Center
- TriO student support services
- Wellness Services
ECC has verified the above website address to be legitimate.
Military Career, Job Sources, and Other Resources
- Undecided veterans looking at their options: My Next Move for Veterans
- Military Transferable Skills: Invisible assets and military-to-civilian transitions sample resumes are available in the Veterans Resource Center with Anitra King.
- Career Exploration: Find civilian careers and related education based on your military occupation code at ECC's Career Coach Military Careers site. Start by adding your branch and status for available options for local jobs combined with salary information.
- The best place to find federal jobs for veterans:
Military Ally Training
We're trained and ready to help. ECC provides Military Ally Training to employees to provide greater visibility and appreciation for military-connected students' unique needs, experiences, and perspectives. For questions about the workshop and/or how to become an ally, contact Anitra King by email at email@example.com.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).