The portal offers features that help you conveniently navigate ECC resources and systems in one easy-to-use location!
- You need your user ID | show me my user ID
- You need your password | get/reset my password
- With credentials login
How to Get/Reset accessECC Portal Password
- Navigate to Get/Reset Password screen.
- Enter your user ID.
- Enter a new password.
On the accessECC login page, click on “New Users Start Here.” Next, click “Show me my User ID and Student/Employee ID.” Next, enter your last name, your birthday (MM/DD/YYYY), and your ECC ID number; you can find this on your welcome letter or the last four digits of your Social Security Number.
The system will prompt you to create three security questions. Use the dropdown arrows to select your preferred questions. Then enter answers that you will remember. Remember that your responses are case-sensitive. ECC staff cannot access your answers. You may only reset your answers in person at the First Stop desk in Building A with a valid photo ID.
After submitting your information and security questions, the system will show you your user ID and student ID numbers. Make a note of this important information.
Click “Get/Reset my Password,” then enter your user ID if it is not displayed and click “Submit.” Answer the security questions and enter the numeric code shown on the screen. You will then have the option to choose where to receive your validation code. You can usually receive the code by email or text. If there is no validation information shown, please contact 847-214-7570.
Creating Your Password
Your password must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least eight characters.
- Include upper- and lower-case letters.
- Include a number.
- May not include any part of your name.
For most of your transactions, you'll rely on the Self-Service app. Once you are logged in to the accessECC, click the "Student" tab along the top left navigation bar, which opens with a new tab on your screen. From there, Self-Service is located in the ECC Apps menu.
Within the Self Service app, you can do the following:
- The Student Finance section is where you will view your billing statement, make payments, or set up a payment plan.
- The Financial Aid section is where you can view your FAFSA, see where you are in the financial aid process, and review your award letters.
- Tax Information is where you will find your 1098-T information.
- Academic Planning & Registration will allow you to search for courses, plan your semester, and register for course sections.
Once you are logged in to the accessECC, click the "Student" tab along the top left navigation bar, which opens with a new tab on your screen. From there, Student Email is located with the ECC Apps menu.
Use your user ID and password to log in to your student email. Student email addresses include your first initial, last name, and the last four digits of your ECC ID number.
Check this mailbox frequently. ECC faculty and staff will send essential information to your student email address. You can forward this email to your personal email for easier monitoring.
Many features for students and employees will make their online experience easier and more efficient.
- Calendar: On the left-hand side of the screen, a calendar will automatically populate your classes after registering. It is also linked with your student email account, so any posted reminders will also be visible here.
- Notifications: There will be a notification box on the front page of your accessECC account warning you that something needs to be cleared up before you can access your records.
- Quick link to student email account: Under the ECC APPS box, you will find a link entitled Student Email. If you click on this link, the portal will bring you to the login screen for your student email account.
- Easy access to D2L and other ECC apps: You will find quick and easy access to D2L and many other useful web services under the ECC Apps tab.
- Announcements: Campus-wide important due dates and other announcements will be visible on the front page of your accessECC account so that you can easily find out when payment is due or when you need to apply for graduation, among other vital deadlines.
- Student reference links: Links to valuable resources and information are located on elgin.edu.
Those two programs are run by software that is not yet compatible with the current accessECC system. We are exploring the possibilities of a single log-in feature and are looking forward to implementing it in the future.
Log into accessECC, and click on the Student tab. (If you don’t see the Student tab, please call 847-214-7570 to have that inserted.) Next, click on the Student tab in the middle column, then under the Self-Service Menu, click on Students, then Student Records and Schedule. Next, click on Transcript Request and follow the directions on the page.
To find out the cost of individual course fees, click on the course title in the section details of the course you are interested in. After you’ve registered online, check your statement. See the answer below: "When will I receive my registration/billing statement.” View current tuition rates.
Registration/billing statements are available online as soon as you register. Statements are no longer mailed. Here is how to get your statement:
- While logged into the student portal, choose “Account Activity” in the Student Account menu.
- The “Make A Payment” screen will appear. Choose the “Account Activity” tab near your screen's top left.
- Select the desired semester and click “View Statement.”
- To print the statement, click on the printer icon in your screen's lower center.
At this time, the statement does not display a due date. Please refer payment calendar to find out the payment due date each semester. Make sure you set up a payment plan or pay in full before 7 pm by the designated due date each semester. If you enroll on or after the payment due date, your payment is due by 7 pm the next calendar day.
The Account Activity and Pay in Full menu choices will open a new tab called “ECC Student Self Service.” To go back to the main Student menu, click the tab called “WebAdvisor for Students.”
Go to the Make a Payment tab. Click on the “Payment Plan” icon on the screen's left side. Follow the instructions on the page.
Financial aid posts to students' accounts after the semester starts. Viewing your award letter online, you can verify that ECC processed your financial aid. You can find your award letter in the Student Financial Aid Menu of accessECC. If you have an award letter and maintain eligibility, your aid will post after the semester starts. To get specific registration, payment, and financial aid dates, view the academic calendar and print the PDF for the year desired. The second page will list specific dates by semester.
The Department of Education (DOE) charges a processing fee for each loan. For complete details, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
If you were dropped for non-payment, the class charges will be removed from your account activity. If you no longer see the charges, you most likely have been dropped for non-payment and should re-enroll. Check your class schedule first.
On June 30 each year, ECC transfers current unpaid balances within our student financial system to an outstanding account for tracking purposes. The system uses the term “payment” to describe this transfer even though no student payments were made. This process has no effect on your balance.
Preferred Name Personal Pronoun FAQ
Chosen (Preferred) Name Updates:
Personal Pronoun Updates:
- Log into the portal (portal.elgin.edu) and click on the Self-Service button.
- Once logged on to Self-Service, click on your accessECC ID in the upper right-hand corner and select User Profile from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the Edit Personal Identity Button, make your selections, and press Save.
- The information is saved immediately, and you will see it to the right of your photo.
Your legal name on record will always appear below your photo on the Self-Service User Profile screen. This is provided for your information only. To the right of your photo, you will see your Chosen (Preferred) Name, Personal Pronouns, and Gender Identity that ECC has on record for you.
Please see below for a current list of systems updated to display chosen (preferred) name. Every effort has been made to display chosen (preferred) name primarily or solely in student- and faculty-facing systems, unless otherwise required by law.
The following systems have been updated to display the chosen (preferred) name:
- Apply Online & Inquire Online for potential new students
- Create Labels by Sections (XLBS) Report
- ECC Computers Login Screen
- Facilities Rental Request
- Google/Gmail Display Name
- Marketing Queries (XMKT) Report
- Outlook/Exchange Display Name
- Photo ID system
- Safe Colleges Training Site
- Self-Service Faculty Views (Roster, Attendance, Grading)
- Self-Service User Profile
- Spartan Success
- Staff view of Colleague User Interface (UI) (Context Card and Search Results)
- Team Sites
Hundreds of systems and/or processes used at ECC include a person’s name; therefore, the list of changes to complete by January 2021 needed to be prioritized. Following is a list of systems and/or processes that currently include a person’s legal name. These systems and processes will be evaluated in 2021 to determine if the legal name will be replaced with the chosen (preferred) name. Every effort will be made to ensure that your chosen (preferred) name is used in locations where a legal name is not required by law. Once priorities are identified, work will continue throughout the 2021 year to make the identified changes.
- Communications from ECC Departments
- Mobile GO: Faculty Directory
- Organizational charts
- Other Software Systems include but are not limited to the AIM Disability System, eTalent, eTime, RAVE, SmartEvals, Terra Dotta, SARS, and the Library software.
- Password Management System
- Phone directories on elgin.edu and my.Elgin.edu
- Reports (Informer/XScreens) and Processes run by ECC Departments.
- Official Academic Documents
- Financial Documents
- Financial Aid
- Pay Advices
- Purchase Orders
- Student Accounts
- Tax Documents
- Legal Documents
- System Accounts*
- accessECC ID
- ECC Email address
˟Students may request that their chosen (preferred) name be used when submitting the Application for Graduation.
*Exceptions can be made by special request to change first initial only.
In the example below, the student’s legal name is Ellen Page and his chosen/preferred name is Elliot.
- The Faculty view of the information in their class roster looks like this. This is also the name they will see in D2L. For a list of training videos that display these views, go to the CETL website (Note: Faculty roster and grading views will display sections for active terms and the attendance list will appear on the section start date. In the Spartan Success tool, please be aware that your section(s) will not be visible until the section start date; they will remain visible for seven (7) days past the last date of the section.)
All college facilities and locations will be closed in observance of the following: