Early Childhood Lab School
Affordable care, please call the ECLS office for current rate information.
The Early Childhood Lab School of ECC is proud to hold a Silver Circle of Quality - ExceleRate Illinois, a state-wide quality recognition program. The lab school provides full- and part‑time early learning and preschool for children ages six weeks through 5 years. The safe, dependable, and attentive care that children receive is offered at reasonable rates and a convenient location for parents. Childcare service is available for currently enrolled ECC students and ECC employees.
- Full- and part-time care available.
- Flexible scheduling by time block.
- Goal-oriented learning programs tailored to each age group.
- Highly trained, attentive, and enthusiastic professional staff.
- Indoor and outdoor activities.
- Instruction in art, music, dance, large and small motor development, language, science, and math.
- Suitable accommodations for children to nap.
Students may utilize the childcare center at their discretion, including while working or taking online classes.
Financial aid and state subsidies are accepted, and additional child care assistance is available to PELL eligible students through CCAMPIS Grant funding. Limited space is available each semester. For more information, call 847-214-7376 or email ECLS@elgin.edu.
Learning programs are tailored to each age group.
|Program||Age Group||Program Info|
|Infant & Toddler Care||Six weeks to 2-year-olds||Program Cost and Details|
|Programs for Preschoolers||2 to 5-year-olds||Program Cost and Details|
Children of current ECC students and employees are welcome at the ECC Early Childhood Lab School. Parents with children currently enrolled at the lab school may register early for one week, beginning the first week of class registration. Open enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning the second and subsequent weeks of class registration. Full-time enrollments are preferred. You must register for a minimum of one, three-hour time block at least two days per week in any combination of the following:
- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (4 p.m. on Fridays)
The following is required before the first day of attendance:
- Birth certificates
- Medical records
- Emergency information
- Emergency releases
Registration must be made in person by visiting Building M, Room M137.
Open all year when classes are in session. Students with classes starting before 8 a.m. will be accommodated when possible. View the academic calendar for specific closures.
Fall & Spring Semester*
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays
- 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. available by request
Hours are based on enrollment needs and charged on an hourly basis.
- 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday
- Closed Fridays
* Any hour subject to cancellation if minimum enrollments are not met.