FOCUS® 2 Career Planning
Explore your interests and discover career pathways!
FOCUS Career is an online, interactive, self-guided career and educational planning system designed to help you decide your education and future career goals. Save occupations and major areas of study that appeal to you as you work through the different sections. Use FOCUS® 2 at any stage of your education and career planning according to your personal needs. Start with any feature, repeat a feature if desired, and use the system as an ongoing resource. All your results are saved and accessible in your FOCUS 2 Portfolio.
Offered free of charge, FOCUS 2 will help you:
- Assess your work interests, values, skills, and personality.
- Discover occupations that match your personal preferences.
- Decide which career fields and majors are the best fit for you.
- Plan the career pathway that will support your personal needs and goals.
Find out if you are Career-Ready!
- FOCUS 2 Career includes a self-assessment of your proficiency in the eight National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE®) competencies.
- Explore “What Can I Do With a Major in . . .?” You can research occupations by Job, Family, and Industry and compare two occupations side-by-side.
- Create a Take Action Plan for your academic and career development activities
- Create a Career Portfolio that includes a summary of assessment results, preferred majors and occupations, personal comments/rankings, goals, and achievements.
Get Started Today
- Create a profile; you’ll need to create an account. Use access code Spartan. Use FOCUS 2 on any device; computers, phones, tablets. Have you used the system before? Access your account here.
After completing the assessments, schedule an appointment to meet with a Career Development Specialist to review your results and start planning for your future.
Focus 2 is a registered trademark of Career Dimensions Inc.
- Begin with My Career Planning Readiness to understand the career planning process.
- Learn about yourself using the Self-Assessments. Discover majors and occupations that match your personal attributes.
- Explore Major Areas of Study that match your interests and support your career goals.
- Use for ongoing career exploration.
- Begin to solidify your career plans.
- If applicable, begin thinking about advanced education and training.
- Explore future options for transitioning into specialized occupations.