Buy your ECC textbooks using our convenient service!
Elgin Community College owns and operates the ECC Bookstore to benefit our campus. Proceeds from purchases made at the bookstore support the college and its students. Thank you for your support in shopping at the ECC Bookstore, where you'll find ECC spirit wear, scrub tops, culinary supplies such as skull caps and chef coats, and more.
Financial Aid & Bookstore Policy
If you’ve been awarded financial aid; and qualify, you may use your financial aid money to purchase required books and supplies in the ECC Bookstore approximately two weeks before the beginning of each semester. Renting a textbook title using financial aid must be done in the store. The rental cannot be completed online. Financial aid cannot be used to pay shipping charges; please select in-store pick-up. Disbursement dates and policies are different for each semester. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is the bookstore returns policy?
- Textbooks purchased before priority registration day may not be eligible for a refund.
- Course Materials purchased through a third-party vendor (i.e., Red Shelf Digital) must follow that vendor’s return policy regarding refunds.
- Textbooks returned within five business days of the start date of an academic semester may be returned for a full refund.
- The cash register receipt must be presented to return.
- New books must be in brand-new condition. If the item was shrink-wrapped, the shrink-wrap needs to be unopened. A 30% restocking and processing fee will apply if the shrink wrap is opened. If an access code has been opened and the code is revealed, it cannot be returned.
- Used books must be in clean condition so the Bookstore can resell them.
- For credit card refunds, the same credit card used in the original purchase must be physically presented to the cashier along with the receipt to receive a refund.
- Check refunds will not be processed until proof is given that the check has cleared the bank. Please note that this could take up to 14 calendar days.
- After the fifth business day of the start date of an academic semester, returns will require an official school-issued drop slip for the course or notice of a class cancellation. A 30% restocking and processing fee will be applied if no proof is provided.
- Defective books will be replaced at no charge if returned within the stated time period. If a used replacement book is unavailable, the customer will pay the difference between the new and used prices.
- Optional books and all other merchandise may be returned within 5 calendar days from the date of purchase, depending on the condition of the merchandise. Open technology products and special orders cannot be returned.
- No refunds will be allowed after the 20th day of the semester's start date.