Designated a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs magazine
Student Veteran-Focused Services
- Designated veteran coordinator on staff - Anitra King, veteran and student success specialist. Located in the Career Development Services Office, Building F, Room F207. Call 847-214-7531 or email email@example.com.
- Assists with:
- Academic guidance and support are needed to make the most of your educational experience.
- Helps with requesting your military transcripts for evaluation.
- In-processing veterans orientation.
- Career planning (for decided and undecided student veterans)
- Job-search assistance:
- Resume and cover letter writing.
- Interviewing skills.
- Transition and life skills.
- Resources and referrals (within ECC and outside sources).
- Veteran retention.
Financial Benefits for Veterans
- Answers questions, explain, and certifies benefits (federal and state).
- Directs veterans/students to grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Awards veteran/student financial aid and answer financial aid questions.
Policy on Transfer Credits - For all veterans and eligible persons, an evaluation of previous education and training can be conducted. Appropriate credit is granted and can reduce some classes you may need to take. Request your military transcript at JST - Job Services Transcript.
Academic Support at ECC
- ECC Apprenticeship Program
- Remote Hub
- Computer labs
- Student Access and Disability Services for accommodations
- Career development services
- Tutoring Center
- TriO student support services
- Wellness Services
ECC has verified the above website address to be legitimate.
Military Career, Job Sources, and Other Resources
- Undecided veterans looking at their options: My Next Move for Veterans
- Military Transferable Skills: Invisible assets and military to civilian transitions sample resumes are available in the Career Development Office with Anitra King.
- Career Exploration: Find civilian careers and related education based on your military occupation code at ECC's Career Coach Military Careers site. Start by adding your branch and status for available options for local jobs combined with salary information.
- The best place to find federal jobs for veterans:
Military Ally Training
We're trained and ready to help. ECC provides Military Ally Training to employees to provide greater visibility and appreciation for military-connected students' unique needs, experiences, and perspectives. For questions about the workshop and/or how to become an ally, contact Anitra King by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus and social networking events are planned specifically for veterans.
- Military Branches United (MBU) - ECC club on campus.
- Charter Member since March 2013 of SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society.
Resources for the Community
ECC supports veteran students and community members.