ECC is veteran-friendly.
Veterans Live Chat
We’re here to help veterans transition from a military career to a college student to a candidate that employers are looking to hire. Need help?
Thank you for your military service! Whether starting college for the first time or re-entering college, ECC welcomes veterans home to a great college experience. Expect personalized attention to help you select a program of study which incorporates the skills you learned in the military with work in a field you enjoy.
Why should veterans choose ECC?
Elgin Community College has been named a 2021-2022 Military Friendly® School by VIQTORY. ECC provides quality education, flexible scheduling, and course delivery options that fit your lifestyle. ECC focuses our educational programs on courses of study and majors in demand in the workforce. This is key to your success in transitioning from a military career to a college student to a candidate that employers are looking to hire.
- Affordable tuition is a fraction of the cost charged by public universities, private colleges, and technical institutes. Compare tuition costs.
- Veterans Resource Center; and an established veterans support team dedicated to students, including a support specialist, academic advisor, and financial aid/Veteran School Certifying Official.
- Close to home, less travel means more time for family and/or a job, studying, or taking more courses. View our campus locations.
- First-rate instruction in transfer and career-technical education to fit your educational goals.
- In-district tuition at almost 30 other community colleges if ECC doesn’t have the program of study you seek.
- Flexible learning options to study and attend classes when convenient for you.
- A safe campus and secure learning environment.
- Small classes and attentive teachers prioritize teaching, not publishing, not researching.
Did you know?
2020 is the eighth time ECC has received the Military Friendly Schools designation. The list provides a comprehensive guide for veterans and their families to find the right school to match their needs and preferences. Resources available to ECC student veterans include the Textbooks for Veterans Program, allowing veterans to purchase their books in time for classes to start instead of waiting weeks for funds through the GI Bill®.
Do you have a quick question? Use our Live Chat or search the FAQ to find the answer.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).