If you do not have access to complete testing remotely, we offer limited, appointment-only testing on-campus. Register for on-campus testing.
What are proctored exams? An exam is given in a specific content area that is supervised by a neutral person. These exams are timed and require you to bring an ID to double-check that the correct person is taking the test. Bring an unexpired driver's license, state ID card, or passport with photo and signature. Bring your ECC ID number or ECC ID card. You can reserve a seat for your proctored exam using the links below. On the day of the test, please arrive 15 minutes before the test time.
To ensure we have a seat for you, please register for your proctored exam below.
HVAC – Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning
Students in ECC’s HVAC courses may apply for specific certifications, including EPA608 and residential exams. A fee is required for the EPA608 exam. Contact George Rosa for certification details by calling 847-214-7871, Building O, Room O153, email@example.com.
Digital Technologies – Microsoft Certification Exams
Students in ECC's Digital Technology courses (CIS 241, CIS 242, CIS 243, and CIS 244) may apply for specific certifications (Word 2016 Core, Word 2016 Expert, Excel 2016 Core, Excel 2016 Expert, PowerPoint 2016, and/or Access 2016). The first exam is free for each course. Contact your instructor for certification details.
Students should create a Certiport account before coming to the test testing center on the exam date. Bring a photo id.
If you are a heritage speaker or are unsure of your Spanish language skills, consult with an ECC academic advisor in Building B, Room B120. Stop by the Student Success Center to receive a Spanish Placement Advisor Referral Form to take the WebCape Spanish placement exam. A minimum score of 3 is required to earn college credit through advanced placement testing.
ECC offers the ACT® WorkKeys® suite of tests, which can be used to gain Paraprofessional Licensure in the State of Illinois or a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). Please read the Illinois State Board of Education requirements for a Paraprofessional for more information on the Illinois Paraprofessional Licensure. For more information on WorkKeys and the NCRC, please visit Workkeys.org.
- To prepare for your exam, ECC offers an online study program for the WorkKeys® exams called WorkKeys Curriculum.
- Click here to sign-up for the WorkKeys Curriculum study program.
- WorkKeys exams are administered by appointment only. The exam fee is $25 due at the time of registration.
ECC provides proctoring services for other colleges, universities, and companies. Proctored exams include Columbia College tests, Accuplacer tests, and Accuplacer tests for Northern Illinois University students.
- Submit your school’s proctor request form to the testing manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or send via mail to Elgin Community College, testing center, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123.
- Call the testing center at 847-214-7150 at least 24 hours before your test date to verify the testing information has been received from your institution.
- Check-in at the testing center, Building B, Room B115, on your test date with a valid photo ID.
- All exams require a valid, government-issued photo ID.
- Tests are administered by appointment, which must be made with a minimum of 48 hours advance notice.
- A non-refundable fee $25 proctor fee is due on the day of testing—downloadDownload testing fee form.
- Rescheduling is allowed.
- When making an appointment, you agree to all of the terms set forth by the guidelines. Please review these other school proctoring service guidelines before making an appointment and call the office with any questions.
- ECC serves as a testing site four times a year for the ACT. Visit actstudent.org for registration information.
Accuplacer Testing for NIU students
Northern Illinois University students take the reading and math tests from NIU. You will need to make an appointment to take the Accuplacer test at Elgin Community College. Check-in with the testing manager at the Testing Center, Building B, Room B115. Bring a photo ID on your testing date. A non-refundable $25 proctor fee is due on your test date. Bring a paid receipt back to the Testing Center to begin your exam.
Accuplacer Testing (students not attending NIU)
If you are taking the test for an institution other than NIU, you need to contact your college to request Accuplacer testing at ECC before you can register for the test. Call the Testing Center at 847-214-7150 at least 24 hours before your test date to verify the testing information has been received from your institution. On the day of the exam, check-in with the testing manager at the Testing Center, Building B, Room B115. Bring a photo ID on your testing date. A non-refundable $25 proctor fee is due on your test date. Bring a paid receipt back to the Testing Center to begin your exam.
Columbia College of Missouri Testing
ECC proctors online midterm and final exams for Columbia College of Missouri students.
- Columbia College students must contact their instructors by week 2 (per syllabus instructions)
- Indicate that the ECC Testing Center is the proctor
- Contact your Columbia College instructor to submit the exam via the Columbia College D2L web site to the Elgin dropbox BEFORE you register for your test.
- Call the Testing Center at 847-214-7150 at least 24 hours before your test date to verify the testing information has been received.
Columbia College students may visit the proctor information page or contact Karen Beckstrom, Columbia College director at ECC, with any testing procedures. Call 847-214-7197, email email@example.com, or stop-by Building E, Room E205.