Maximize Your Summer
Whether your summer plans include working, spending time with friends, or exploring the great outdoors, making ECC a part of your summer will help you move ahead. Classes last three to eight weeks in online, hybrid, and face-to-face formats.
Summer 2023 classes are held in 3 sessions:
- Summer Session I Begins: June 5, 2023
- Summer Session II Begins: June 12, 2023
- Summer Session III Begins: July 10, 2023
Why Take Summer Classes at ECC?
- Affordability: Save hundreds per class from a four-year school at $132 per credit hour. ECC has kept its in-district tuition rates frozen since 2017.
- Transfer Easily: Choose from an array of classes that can transfer seamlessly back to a four-year college or university.
- Acceleration: Cover the same course material in just three to eight weeks and still have time for summer fun.
- Flexibility: Classes are available in in-person, hybrid, and online formats, with some courses held during evenings and weekends.
- Support: Experienced faculty and support services, from free tutoring to wellness, can help you.
Transfer Credits Back to Your University
Are you interested in taking a class or two this summer and transferring the credit back to your university? Find out which ECC courses are equivalent to the courses you need to complete by talking to your current college advisor. If you attend a college or university in Illinois, you can also check this information by going to the Transferology Website.
Applying to ECC as a summer transfer student is easy, and there’s no application fee.
Current Student? Get a Head Start with Summer Classes
Taking classes in the summer is a great way to get ahead by completing some courses now. If you’re a current student or a student who has attended ECC in the past two years, there is no need to reapply for summer.
Explore Popular Classes
Whether you want to finish a core course or explore something new, ECC offers dozens of courses across every field of study. Here are a few of the most popular summer classes
- College Algebra
- General Education Statistics
- Art Appreciation
- English Composition
- Introduction to Psychology
Spartan Admission Presentation
Ready to learn more? Register to attend a Spartan Admission presentation to speak with a recruitment coordinator.