Thank you for your interest in the Elgin Community College PTA Program!
The ECC PTA Program strives to be recognized as the preferred educational institution in Northwest Chicago suburbs. The PTA Program promotes professional behaviors, critical thinking skills, and competencies consistent with the physical therapy profession and essential for a career in physical therapy and the health care industry.
Before you start, make sure to visit the ECC PTA website to review details on the application requirements, degree plan, and ECC Health Professions Programs requirements. Below is an overview of what is needed to apply to the PTA program:
February 15 is the annual application deadline for the following fall admission.
If you have never taken a credit class at ECC, you must complete an ECC application for admission before submitting Health Professions Application. Get more information on how to apply.
PTA Program Application Requirements
- Apply with ECC - how to apply
- Complete and submit your health professions application by February 15, the annual application deadline for the following fall admission.
- Create an account and complete the application process for PTACAS the application cycle starts on September 15 of each year for admission for the fall cohort of the following year. ($25 fee) Physical Therapist Assistant Centralized Application Service (PTACAS)
- Complete PTA Program Mandatory Information Course online. Self-Service. You should see "CHP-900- PTA Information Course." Next, select the class, register, and provide verification of completing this information session with a Certificate on PTACAS. Read more about how to register for a non-credit course.
- Completed prerequisites BIO 110, ENG 101, HUM 216, and MTH 098 with a grade of C or better. Submit unofficial transcripts to PTACAS.
- Provide three references on PTACAS to support your application. The ECC PTA program will accept references from PTs, PTAs, faculty, teachers, coaches, and employers.
- Provide official transcripts from the college or university you have attended to ECC Records Department. You must have your college course transcript evaluated.
- Please note: You must be 18 or older to sit for the state licensure examination.
If you have any general questions about the application process, please get in touch with the Program Director: Barbara Ostrowska, at email@example.com or 847-214-7289.
If you have questions related to submitting college transcripts, please get in touch with the Records department. Transferring college credit to ECC, please make sure you have applied for admission before submitting this request. Please remember that it is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts for all colleges, universities, or the military and contact records at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-214-7386 to confirm all transcripts have been received before requesting the evaluation.
Note: All health professions programs require criminal background checks and drug testing. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test will be denied admission to health professions programs. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test while enrolled in health professions programs will be dismissed from the program.