Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- CNC Programmer: ECC offers programming a 3+ 2-axis trunnion vertical machining and seven axis-turning centers in the classroom and machine shop. Learn advanced M and G codes; CAD/CAM; blueprint reading; integration of probe systems; calculation proper SFM, RPM, FPR, and FPT; plus, production from a solid block/round of material. Coursework includes advanced set-ups, operations, and features.
Are you ready for a technical career as part of a machine shop team turning raw materials into precision parts? Elgin Community College’s Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Program graduates leave school prepared for entry-level positions that ultimately lead to a career in application engineering. With your program of study, you’ll gain the skills needed to succeed as a programmer in advanced manufacturing machine safety, blueprint reading, math, CAD, CAM, metrology, and proper part inspection methods as part of the production process.
Get additional information, including course listings and course descriptions.
CIM Certificates and Associate Degrees
Elgin Community College prepares you for jobs within 8-12 months, depending on your program of study. Start your career with a two-year Associate of Applied Science in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Manufacturing Technology, or the Associate of Applied Science in Machine Tool Technology.
Already working in CAD/CAM or another manufacturing career?
Additional certifications in Mold Making, Machine Tool Operations, Tool, and Die Making give you skills that could lead to career advancement or a pay raise in your current company.
Prepare for Immediate Employment
Associate of Applied Science
Should I get a degree in CIM?
At ECC, you’ll have an academic advisor on day one to work with you on everything career-related. You’ll work together to design an educational plan that’s tailored to your goal to get out into the workforce or start at a community college and then transfer to finish a bachelor’s degree. Your advisor will help you with a clear pathway to follow and help you get all the necessary information to make a well-informed decision about your future. Our specially negotiated transfer partnerships help you get ahead:
- Northern Illinois University – AAS at Elgin to BS in Technology with Emphasis in Applied Manufacturing Technology
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale – AAS at Elgin to an Online BS Industrial Management and Applied Engineering (IMAE)
Careers in CIM
Graduates of our associate degree in business and certification programs have found employment in a wide variety of fields and positions, such as:
- CNC Operator or Programmer
- Computer-Aided Manufacturing Technician
- General Machinist
- Industrial Sales
- Maintenance Machinist
- Mold Maker
- Set-Up Specialist
- Special Machine Builder
- Tool and Die Maker
Do you think about getting a Bachelor of Science degree?
Learn what classes to take at ECC as part of the College’s Computer Integrated Manufacturing program that seamlessly transfers to a four-year school to complete your major after getting your Associate in Engineering Science degree.
Learn more about Associate Degree and Certifications in CIM at ECC!
Earning an AAS degree or certificate at Elgin Community College can set your career in motion.