How to Register
How to enroll in our adult basic education center (ABEC) classes.
ABE/ASE/ESL Class Registration Process
To register for classes, you’ll need to complete the following:
Sign-up for classes using our online form, and we will contact you to complete the process or call 847-214-6904. Wait to receive a call from ECC or call us back if we leave you a voicemail.
New students are asked to bring:
- Photo identification document (government-issued).
- Medical Card, if you receive public assistance.
- High School Letter of separation documentation, if 16 or 17 years old.
Complete the student information form online.
Wait to receive an ECC student ID number.
Schedule an appointment to take the appropriate placement test.
- 5a: If you are an English as a Second Language (ESL) student, schedule a mandatory workshop appointment.
- 5b: If a High School Equivalency (HSE/GED) student, schedule a mandatory orientation appointment. Orientation is a very important part of the process and a requirement for all students before enrolling.
Receive class placement.
Register for virtual classes. Verify that your computer is equipped with Windows 10.
Start attending classes. Finally - Success!
Approximately $581,469 (36%) of the Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Program cost at Elgin Community College is federally funded under Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.