ICAPS Support Program
Integrated Career & Academic Preparation System
Are you looking for a quick and clear pathway to a career in manufacturing or healthcare?
The ICAPS program is an Academic and Career program with built-in support for students who are looking to gain a vocational certificate in a year or less and enter the workforce in a field that will provide you with a great starting salary.
Benefits of participating in ICAPS supported programs:
- You will have one ECC staff member to guide you through the application to completion.
- Have a set class schedule providing a clear pathway to program completion.
- Receive guidance and extra support in the college classroom.
- Attend classes with the same group of peers throughout the program.
- Textbooks will be loaned to you for your classes.
- Gain employability skills and receive assistance with resume, interviewing, job search, and experiential learning opportunities-apprenticeships and internships.
- Receive assistance in how to fund your education through financial aid, grants, scholarships, and other college assistance programs.
- Graduate with a certificate in 2 semesters or less and start your career.
Who Can Participate?
- Students who may benefit from extra support.
- Former or current adult education students.
- HSE graduates
- Students whose first language is not English
- Additional testing is required
ICAPS Career Pathways
One Semester Programs
- Dental Office Aide
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B)
- Basic Nurse Assistant (BNA) Training Program
- Sterile Processing
- Residential HVAC Systems - Heating, Vent, A/C, and Refrigeration
Two Semester Programs
Additional stackable certifications are available in most program areas for students who wish to continue their studies. Staff will guide you to your next steps.
Upon earning a basic vocational specialist certificate through ICAPS, students may choose to enter the workforce and/or continue to pursue additional certificates or an associate degree.