At ECC, we support your work through multiple professional development offerings and academic resources. ECC offers dozens of workshops each semester, from leadership development to campus safety to specific computer skills. In addition to live, instructor-led classes, ECC employees can also take advantage of online course sequences offered through our institutional learning department.
New Employee Orientation
Scheduled several times each year, ECC hosts a day-long orientation for recently hired employees. This session ensures that you have a complete introduction to the full range of offerings, departments, and services offered at the college. You’ll end the day with a deeper understanding of ECC's culture, mission, and shared values. New employees are invited to this session within the first few weeks of employment. Questions? Contact Human Resources or your manager.
Faculty Development, Research & Scholarships
ECC recognizes the faculty's integral role and provides instruction-related resources to support your teaching and encourage your growth as an academic professional.
- CETL offers faculty development resources, programs, and opportunities to connect with colleagues and learn new skills. Employees can find details on CETL’s website. Sign-in required.
- Faculty development funding can cover the costs of tuition, conferences, materials, and more. Eligible faculty members are invited to submit a sabbatical proposal.
- Explore mentoring opportunities with experienced faculty members through the ECC Teaching Pairs program and/or join the Faculty Research Community to design and administer a research project along with a faculty cohort.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive classroom environment through training opportunities that address cultural responsivity and related topics.
- Learn about best practices in teaching and classroom innovation through the annual TeachECC event.
- Explore and apply for grants through the ECC Foundation and the Grants & Research Development Office.
Professional Development Reimbursement
ECC wants you to have the most up-to-date knowledge to succeed in your job. Depending on your work classification, you may be eligible for reimbursements for tuition and other expenses related to your professional goals. Consult your employee benefits summary and/or contract, as appropriate.
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Resources
- The Equitable Workplace: Cultivating Attitudes of Anti-Racism and Allyship
- Seeking Cultural Consciousness and Competence in Hiring
- Advanced Institutional Leadership in Equity
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL)
Each semester CETL offers several programs dedicated to furthering equity, inclusion, and diversity throughout campus.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Universal Design for Learning
- Infusing Equity into Any Online Class
- Growth Mindset: Developing a New Classroom Culture
- We are Not Listening: Supporting Trans* and Gender Non-Conforming Students
- Your Syllabus as an Equity Tool
Safe Zone LGBTQ+ Training
ECC staff is offered several opportunities to increase their knowledge of LGBTQ+ diversity and acceptance throughout the semester. Get involved by calling 847-214-7390 or contacting email@example.com. Employees may register on the accessECC Portal. Learn more about Safe Zone training.
Military Ally Training for ECC Employees
Offered to ECC employees, Military Ally Training provides greater visibility and appreciation for military-connected students' unique needs, experiences, and perspectives. Participation is voluntary and free. If you have questions about the workshop and/or becoming an ally, please email Anitra King.
As a part of their overall professional development, ECC offers employees the following courses:
- Faculty and Staff Workplace Inclusion Suite
- FERPA Basics
- Clery Act Basics
- Protecting Youth: Abuse and Neglect Prevention
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Community College Students